Staying connected to patients is as important as admin efficiency – but did you know that by thinking of these two aspects of your practice as one, you could improve your cash flow and better keep your billing and collections in order? We frequently discuss billing, collections and cash flow. Now it’s time to learn the benefits of connecting them with patients.
Billing is the Challenge, Universal Office is the Solution
We get the challenges of billing and we’re always looking for ways to increase the efficiency of healthcare facilities. That’s why our latest update – released in May 2018 – introduced a new feature to help our customers deliver invoices to patients faster. You now have the option to email invoices right from your Universal Office clinic management system!
Since you already store email addresses in patient files, why not utilize it in ways that benefit both you and your patient? Here are 10 benefits for office administrators who email invoices from Universal Office:
- Increased Efficiency: By eliminating the need to save invoices as PDFs, attach them to your email, then look up a patient’s email address – this new feature brings serious efficiency. Learn more about how Universal Office improves clinic management in 5 Ways Universal Office Will Improve Your Efficiency.
- Speed and Convenience: Since patient email addresses are pre-filled, invoices are sent with the simple click of a button. Need to forward an invoice to a legal rep? Just add their email address in the Recipients box.
- Go Green: In addition to saving money on paper and ink, going paperless benefits the environment by reducing your carbon footprint. Learn how to transform into a paperless office with 5 Ways to Go Paperless with Universal Office.
- Easy Searching: Many patients prefer digital copies of their invoices – they’re easy to find when you need them.
- Use Existing Infrastructure: You already store patient email addresses in patient files, why not use them to deliver invoices? There’s nothing additional for patients to set up, and PDFs are globally recognized and supported.
- Get Paid Faster: Emailing invoices reduces the time between sending an invoice and receiving payment. It’s simple – when invoices arrive quicker, they get paid faster.
- It’s More Professional: Your patients expect you to deliver services quickly, efficiently and often at short notice. Efficient, digital invoicing makes your practice look like a pro that understands the value of technology.
- Opportunity to Promote: When sending invoices, include promotions in the body of the email! By adding promotional information to your email template – whether it’s useful tips or social media links – you’re using the technology to your advantage, demonstrating your expertise, and giving them a taste of your brand’s personality.
- Get Feedback: Include social media links, asking patients to share their experience. According to Forbes, “88% of consumers trust online reviews as much as a personal recommendation.” Offering a discount can motivate more people to share their opinion – and positive reviews help attract new patients and grow your practice.
- Increase Booked Appointments: When emailing invoices, remind patients about ongoing specials, promote upcoming events, and encourage them to schedule their next appointment. Learn how Universal Office can help you convert booked appointments into checked-in appointments – which can also be done via SMS.
Important: For your patients to receive email notifications and invoices electronically, be sure to configure the mail server and record patient email addresses in patient cases. If your health facility uses transactional email services, confirm that your subscription plan allows attachments (that’s a big deal!) because invoices are sent as PDF attachments. Take a look at our blog Transactional Email Services: Free vs. Paid to determine the right plan for your practice.
Email is rapidly becoming the preferred method of communication, and the public expectation of how we interact is constantly changing. We want to make sure that we meet those expectations. Emailing invoices is a great way to connect with your patients and improve your services. Using this opportunity will show your commitment to excellence and grow your practice!