Posted: June 20, 2015
Effective: July 2, 2015
What information do we collect?
When you visit our website you may provide us with two types of information: personal information you knowingly choose to disclose that is collected on an individual basis and website use information collected on an aggregate basis as you and others browse the site.
1. Personal Information You Choose To Provide
You will provide us information about yourself and your company when you sign up for a free trial, submit contact form, register for support account, or register for email newsletters.
If you choose to correspond with us through email, we may retain the content of your email messages together with your email address and our responses.
2. Website Collected Information
Similar to other commercial websites, this site utilizes a standard technology called “cookies” (see explanation below, “What are cookies?”) and Web server logs to collect information about how this site is used. Information gathered through cookies and web server logs may include the date and time of visits, the pages viewed, time spent at this site, and the websites visited just before and just after our site.
How do we use the information that you provide to us?
We use personal information for purposes of administering and expanding our business activities, providing customer service and making available other products and services to our customers and prospective customers. Occasionally, we may also use the information we collect to notify you about important changes to this website, new services and special offers we think you will find valuable. You may notify us of your desire not to receive these offers by clicking the unsubscribe link contained in each such email.
What are cookies?
A cookie is a very small text document, which often includes an anonymous unique identifier. When you visit a website, that site’s computer asks your computer for permission to store this file in a part of your hard drive specifically designated for cookies. Each website can send its own cookie to your browser if your browser’s preferences allow it. To protect your privacy, your browser only permits a website to access the cookies it has already sent to you, not the cookies sent to you by other sites.
How do we use information collected from cookies?
The site uses its cookies to differentiate you from other users. Cookies, in conjunction with our web server’s log files, allow us to calculate the aggregate number of people visiting this site and which parts of the site are most popular. This helps us gather feedback in order to constantly improve this site and better serve our customers. Cookies do not allow us to gather any personal information about you and we do not generally store any personal information provided to us in your cookies.
Sharing With Third Parties
The information we collect is used to improve the content of this site and the quality of our service. Your information is not shared with or sold to other organizations for commercial purposes. That being said, your information could be shared under the following circumstances:
- We use third parties to facilitate our business, including, but not limited to, sending email and processing payments. In connection with these offerings and business operations, these third parties may have access to your personal information for use in connection with those business activities.
- As we develop our business, we may buy or sell assets or business offerings. Customer, email, and visitor information is generally one of the transferred business assets in these types of transactions.
- We may also transfer such information in the course of corporate divestitures, mergers, or any dissolution.
- If it becomes necessary to share information in order to investigate, prevent, or take action regarding illegal activities, suspected fraud, situations involving potential threats to the physical safety of any person, violations of our End-User-License Agreement, or as otherwise required by law.
What about other websites linked to this site?