Upon recent requests and regulatory changes, the following updates have been applied to Universal Office.
- Multiple instances of Universal Office/Administration Setup can be opened simultaneously for several clinic/office locations
- Administrators can now record correspondence with insurer adjusters, legal reps and physicians
- OCF 9 can now be viewed and printed in response to all OCF forms that were delivered via HCAI
- Password entry is now required in order to perform the following tasks:
- Delete appointments
- Delete invoices
- Delete payment records
- Delete documents (OCF, WSIB, Letters, etc.)
- Avoid clicking the [Edit Case] button to change:
- Related Cases
- Claim Information
- The following forms have been updated:
- WSIB Form 8
- Chiro Extension Request
- Physio Extension Request
- The Batch Billing Manager now allows administrators to issue and print invoices in bulk for any given time period
- When printing an OCF-21 invoice in the EHC format, administrators can now change the To Bill field from patient’s information to the designated EHC insurer
- Automatic interest calculation on all overdue invoices is now an available option
- The new Distribute Payment function allows allocating payment per service or product for invoices that are partially paid
Since regulatory rules, forms and reports are changing on a frequent basis, it is essential for our clients to be able to compose completely customizable reports. This new feature allows administrators to compose reports containing any combination of information. The dynamic tool can extract any statistical findings through the use of the Report Builder feature and integrated formulas.
Appointment Book Update
In order to provide clear case identification, the type of patient’s case will be visible on the bottom-right corner of an appointment in the Appointment Book of Universal Scheduling. For example, WSIB cases will be identified with a ‘W’ while MVA cases will be identified with an ‘M’. Users will immediately identify the patient’s billing information and will, therefore, have a better idea of when a follow-up visit should be scheduled.
Furthermore, an additional icon will indicate patient’s need for transportation and a Daily Transportation Report can be readily available with Time of Appointment, Patient Name, Home Address, and Telephone Numbers. The appointments can now be resized to take up more or less timeslots.