We don’t need to tell you that the most time-consuming administrative task is filing medical claim forms. Hundreds of healthcare facilities and service providers across Ontario file thousands of medical claims on a daily basis – and it’s no quick task. Filing for every medical claim to request payment for services from the insurer means filling out and submitting a claim form.
That’s why we want to take this opportunity and talk about claim forms filed by professionals in physical rehabilitation and psychology practices who deal with third-party funders such as WSIB, extended health and motor vehicle insurers.
Claim Form Challenges
While many claim forms are used to request reimbursement for medical services, there are others that are used for pre-approval requests, discharge and progress reports, treatment extension requests, and more – used to deliver additional information about a claim. With this wide variety of claim forms, it can be very challenging and time-consuming to locate templates, as well as fill out, submit, keep track and check statuses for every patient file.
The claim forms for WSIB can be found on the WSIB website, and Ontario Claim Forms on the FSCO website for auto insurers. Also known as OCFs, these claim forms are established standard and used to file claims for all motor vehicle insurers in the province of Ontario.
The templates for extended health care claims, however, are not standardized – which means every insurer has their own company-designed claim form. Therefore, in order to get one, you will have to find it from the respective company website.
How We Simplify The Process
One of the many unique features of Universal Office (which is not found in any other practice management system in the industry) is the ability to file more than 60 medical claim forms. Besides the fact that all claim form templates can be found in one place, Universal Office also helps prepopulate and save time, complete, store, track status, reprint, produce statistical reports, and prompt reminders to periodically complete new forms.
As claim forms get updated by their respective vendor or as new forms are added, we keep those kits of claim forms in Universal Office up to date – without any additional costs to our customers.
Just last month we updated seven OCFs. In our next update scheduled to be released in July, we’ve updated six and added four new extended health care claim forms as well as updated the OCF-19.
As of this date, the following sets of claim forms can be filed in Universal Office:
Extended Health Claim Forms
- Assumption Life
- Benefit Plan Administrators Ltd.
- Blue Cross Subscriber Form
- Blue Cross Member Form
- Canada Life
- Claim Secure
- D.A. Townley
- Desjardins Financial Security
- Equitable Life
- Empire Life
- Great-West Life
- Green Shield (EHS Claim Submission Form)
- Green Shield (Claim Form for Related Health Professional Services)
- Green Shield (Claim Form for Custom Foot Orthotics)
- Health Welfare Trust of the Hotel Employees, Restaurant Employees Union, Local 75
- Industrial Alliance
- International Union of Operating Engineers Local 793
- Johnson Inc.
- Liberty Health
- Manion, Wikins & Associate Ltd
- Manion, Wikins & Associate Ltd (Teamsters Local 419 Benefits – General)
- Manion, Wikins & Associate Ltd (Teamsters Local 419 Benefits – Vision)
- Manulife Financial
- Maximum Benefit
- National Life
- Standard Life
- SSQ Financial Group
- Sun Life
- The Benefits Trust
- UA Local 46 Toronto Benefit Plans
WSIB Claim Forms
- Provider Payment Request
- Provider Payment Request for Equipment/Supplies
- Health Professional’s Report (Form 8)
- Functional Abilities Form (FAF)
- Physiotherapy Assessment Report
- Chiropractor’s Treatment Extension Request
- Physiotherapist’s Treatment Extension Request
- Musculoskeletal Program of Care: Initial Assessment Report
- Musculoskeletal Program of Care: Care and Outcomes Summary (discharge form)
- Non-Surgical Fracture Episode of Care: Initial Assessment Report
- Non-Surgical Fracture Episode of Care: Summary Report
- Shoulder Program of Care Initial Assessment
- Shoulder Program of Care Care and Outcomes Summary
- Program of Care for Low Back Injuries Initial Assessment Report
- Program of Care for Low Back Injuries Care and Outcomes Summary
- Program of Care for Mild Traumatic Brain Injury Initial Assessment Report
- Program of Care for Mild Traumatic Brain Injury Care & Outcomes Summary
MVA Claim Forms, a.k.a. Ontario Claim Forms (OCFs)
- Assessment of Attendant Care Needs (Form 1)
- Application for Accident Benefits (OCF-1)
- Employer’s Confirmation Form (OCF-2)
- Disability Certificate (OCF-3)
- Permission to Disclose Health Information (OCF-5)
- Expenses Claim Form (OCF-6)
- Treatment and Assessment Plan (OCF-18)
- Application for Determination of Catastrophic Impairment (OCF-19)
- Auto Insurance Standard Invoice (OCF-21) Version B
- Auto Insurance Standard Invoice (OCF-21) Version C
- Treatment Confirmation Form (OCF-23)
- Minor Injury Treatment Discharge Report (OCF-24)
With such a variety of claim forms, it’s difficult and time-consuming when it comes to completing, filing and keeping track. Universal Office will help you create, store and manage more than 60 kinds of claim forms – giving you the tools you won’t find in any other practice management system in the industry.