After receiving numerous requests to implement SMS notifications, we went looking for the best SMS service provider to integrate into our practice management system. After a thorough search, we’ve zoomed in on Swift SMS Gateway.
Over the past eight months, we had worked on integrating SMS service into Universal Office. And finally, with the spring 2018 Universal Office update, we added the option to send SMS notifications and SMS broadcasts to patients right from your practice management system.
So why did we choose Swift SMS Gateway? There are two main reasons why we integrated with Swift SMS before other SMS Gateway Service Providers:
- Competitive prices in Canadian currency: Swift SMS is priced better than any other SMS gateway service provider that has come across our search, even after the announced June 2018 price increase.
- Canadian-based company: All of their data centres, team members, operations and services are located in Canada.
In addition, many SMS service providers tend to base their pricing on route quality. What makes Swift SMS Gateway stand out is they always provide the best route quality available, with constant monitoring of routes and reach across the global network.
What’s Included in Small Biz Plans?
- 1,500, 3,500 or 10,000 monthly messages: The number of messages depends on the selected plan. In case of going over the limit, a charge will apply for every 750 additional messages (Small Biz 1 – $35.00; Small Biz 2 – $70.00; Small Biz 3 – $130.00).
- Outbound and inbound messaging: With Small Biz Plans, you can send SMS messages and receive replies via email.
- Free text back: During the signup process, you will be asked to provide an email for incoming messages. That means you will receive patient replies to the specified email free of charge. Only outgoing messages are counted to check if a plan limit has been reached.
- SSL Security: SSL (Secure Sockets Layer) is the standard security technology that ensures all passed data remains private and integral.
- One dedicated long code included: It means that you will have an option to select one 10-digit number dedicated to SMS during the sign-up process.
What Can You Add On to Your Small Biz Plan?
• Landline SMS: This feature allows you to text from your facility phone number without disruption to your current voice phone service. That means customers won’t need to save a new number or to remember to text a different number.
• Toll Free SMS: This allows you to text from your own toll-free number or a new 800-series business line.
Check our blog post on SMS + Email Marketing Template Ideas for your broadcast campaigns, and get step-by-step instructions on how to Create and Manage SMS Broadcasts from the Universal Office Help Centre.