1. Which documents can be submitted to HCAI?
OCF-18, OCF-21B, OCF-21C, and OCF-23
2. Can I withdraw a document from HCAI, once it has been submitted?
Yes you can, as long as the adjuster has not opened it yet.
3. How do I attach signatures to HCAI?
HCAI does not accept signatures and therefore they are not submitted to HCAI. Patient and Provider signatures should be kept on file.
4. Where can I see and print the adjuster response?
In the HCAI Tracking Manager, select the Adjuster Response folder and double click on any OCF in the list on your right. Use the Preview button to preview and print the Adjuster Response details.
5. Does the system deem approve documents for me?
No. HCAI does not support Deem Approvals. However, you can change it within Universal Office for your records. You must, of course, have appropriate user privileges.
6. The Adjuster tells me that s/he did not receive any document and asks me to re-submit. Should I create a new document and send again?
No. Universal Office allows you to resubmit the same OCF as many times as needed. Again, with appropriate user privileges, you can change the HCAI status of the document from Successfully Delivered to HCAI Compliant and click the Submit button.
7. Can I submit old invoices/plans that were done before my integration with HCAI?
You can submit OCF-18, OCF-21B/C, and OCF-23 forms to HCAI as long as they are September 1st compliant. You cannot re-submit OCF-22s as they have been discontinued.
8. I need to enroll with HCAI – what should I do?
Take a look at the HCAI Rollout Schedule for your designated effective date, and then review the Registration process for specific details.
9. I can’t submit a document to HCAI. Every time I submit, it says Information error. What do I do?
Review the information error using the View Log window and fix the issue(s) with the OCF. If the problem persists, please contact Antibex Support at (416) 663 – 3777 x 2.
10. How do I submit plans/invoices to independent adjudication companies?
You must contact the independent adjuster to confirm the insurance company the patient is insured with. Then you will submit the plans/invoices directly to the insurance company registered with HCAI.
11. An adjuster partially approved my document, but where can I review it?
You can see the adjuster response and comments using the View Log in the HCAI Tracking Manager and in the patient’s file in Universal Office. The adjuster may also have completed an OCF-9 that can also be viewed within each OCF using the Preview OCF 9 button.
12. Where can I see all overdue OCF documents?
All overdue documents will be highlighted in pink in the Successfully Delivered folder in HCAI Tracking Manager.
13. My plan was faxed, and now I need to submit an OCF 21B/C. Should I fax the invoice or submit it via HCAI?
All OCF submissions, including OCF-21B/C, should be done via HCAI on or after your effective date, regardless of how the treatment plan was submitted.