That’s right, it’s official. Universal Office has successfully integrated and is certified as compliant with eClaims. That means you now have the option to set up the eClaims module to submit claims to participating insurers electronically, right from your practice management system – and we made it as simple as possible.
When developing the new eClaims module, we not only ensured easy navigation, an intuitive interface and a pleasant work experience. We also put a huge emphasis on ease of use and thorough validation against the business rules defined by eClaims. Comprehensive validation decreases claims returned due to errors – saving you time and ensuring happy patients.
What to expect with this new integration:
- Electronically submit patient visit charges through eClaims to participating insurers, right from Universal Office.
- Receive real-time responses from insurers.
- Pre-approve* services before scheduling a patient visit and receive real-time responses– allowing you to know what will be paid before treatment begins.
- Void submitted claims*, revise and resubmit.
- Easily reconcile invoices when payments are received.
- Preview and print responses immediately after they are received or at any time, as many times as you want. The option to print the response will always be there.
- In addition to submissions and receiving responses, Universal Office will maintain an audit log for every created claim – from the point it was created to the point it lands in its final state.
- Search created claims by patient first and last name, and filter eClaims by draft, submitted (and awaiting response), adjudicated, and void.
- Control user access and privilege level to your eClaims module in Universal Office.
Perhaps the best benefit of all with this brand new eClaims module in Universal Office – you will no longer need to access the eClaims provider portal to submit claims, saving you time. Your claims can now originate from your practice management system, and the response will be returned right back into the system.
This eClaims module was designed to grow with the eClaims service. So when new extended health insurers join the list of participating insurers, additional professional occupations are added, and service codes are added – they will also be added to your system. Further improvements are already scheduled to add great new features, such as email adjudication responses. For instructions on how to work with our new eClaims module, please refer to Guide to Universal eClaims on our knowledgebase.
You can now download the latest Universal Office release that already includes the eClaims module from support.antibex.com.
Stay tuned as we announce the release of new features and improvements to our new eClaims module here on our blog!
* All features, functions and related benefits are inherent to the TELUS Health eClaims platform, but may not be supported by all participating insurers.