In 2020, social media marketing is essential for healthcare practices. This article outlines the benefits, tools, and platforms for launching your social media marketing strategy.
You may be wondering why it’s important to break into social media marketing. Using social media to market your clinic provides benefits that traditional marketing methods don’t. With social media, you can:
- Increase traffic to your website and social accounts.
- Increase your brand awareness, increasing potential patients.
- Establish your healthcare practice as an industry expert by providing educational posts on your timeline and easily providing updates about your business (such as new services and team members, promotions, changes to business hours and more).
- Gather data regarding your target demographic.
- Market your clinic in a cost-effective way.
There are many tools to utilize in social media marketing for your business. From scheduling posts to designing graphics, these are some of the tools available to streamline your social media marketing efforts:
- Organize and schedule your posts with tools like Hootsuite.
- Create eye-catching graphics for Instagram posts and stories with Canva (featuring templates and a customizable brand kit).
- Increase traffic to your website account.
- Generate hashtags with tools like Hashtagify.
- Optimize your digital marketing and rank high on Google with Search Engine Optimization (SEO): 75% of Google users don’t search past the first page.
- Monitor account analytics to help reach goals for targeting demographics with a tool like Brand24.
When you think of social media marketing, what comes to mind? Most think of Facebook, Instagram, or Twitter – but these sites are just the start of available social media platforms. And in truth, they may not be the most relevant for your business. Begin researching the demographics for different social media platforms to determine which one will get you the biggest following based on your target audience. Depending on what you’re trying to accomplish, it’s a good idea to think about less common sites, such as Reddit or Quora.
Leave us a comment to let us know your favourite tools and strategies for social media marketing!